Friday, December 23

Update On iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 4S/4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G, Apple TV 2G



In the latest blog post, he has announced that he has handed over the details of the untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G and Apple TV 2G to Chronic Dev team, while he focusses on the untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 that are powered by Apple's A5 processor. He explains:

I read the comments on the blog, and I know that a lot of people are waiting for the A5 jailbreak.

Also, I know there are tons of people out there with A4 or even earlier devices who wants the untether now and don't care about it could be interesting to wait A5 is finished to release or even 5.1, so that we don't waste an exploit that took me months to find and develop.

I need to focus on A5 and hope I can find a path quick, and I have the feeling that chronic-dev could help me.

So, here is what I did: - I gave all the details to the chronic dev team so that they can finish, test, integrate and release the A4 jb ASAP. - I'll put all my energy from now on on the A5

Though it might end up disappointing some people who were eagerly waiting to release the untethered jailbreak in the next few days, it should be good news for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 users who currently can't jailbreak their iOS devices.

It remains to be seen how soon Chronic Dev team will release greenpois0n, which will finally bring an untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G and Apple TV 2G.

As always, we'll let you know as soon as we have any further updates, so stay tuned here at iPhone Hacks or join our Facebook Fan page or follow us on Twitter or subscribe to our RSS feed.

[via pod2G's blog]

No comments:

Post a Comment